Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Jakarta trip


The Jakarta trip was awesomely spiritualy amazing experience for me. I didnt have any proper plan, just felt like visiting the Awliyah, somehow i managed to go despite several news about the city was still recovering from flood and having problem with pollution .Being alone traveling is nothing new for me, in fact its something which I always look out for. When you are alone reaching to your destine places, you tend to contemplate on yourself, examine your negative traits, mazmumah although there is a form of anxiety and worry in your heart cause you may not know what to expect in a foreign country especially when you are alone, I always have this certainty when you travel for the sake of Allah, HE will take care of you though, my tawakkal is not to the level of certainty yet.


This is not the first time I'm alone in Jakarta, I have been traveling alone for the past few years. As usual, have to be wary with the pickpockets and daylight robbers. I often pray with the baraqah of the Awliyah, I am protected. I felt comfortable over there perhaps because I look like the locals and able to speak bahasa Indonesia well and they really thought I am their fellow country man. Thank god! Bro Verdino would deny I look like typical Javanese, he said I am more of Sumatran mix with other races. Well, in every places you go be it the holy land, west or even Singapore i am sure there are good and evil trying to conquer each one of us. It just that we have the tendency of looking down on the 3rd world countries society. People said Indonesia is the land of Supernatural league, how about Singapore then? We label them with various name and making ourselves proud of being the most progressive nations yet we are far behind from their good characteristic.


The biggest problem in Jakarta is the traffic congestion. It begins in the morning and till the wee hours. I have to admit, I cant take the long hours being stuck on the road. I tend to lose my patience. Luckily, during the visit of maqam Shaykh Abdul Rauf ride me. I believe it solve our problem in traveling from one place to another. Thanks to him and other Naqshbandi Haqqani brothers from jakarta for their help and hospitality in serving me, masha'Allah they are indeed like what Mawlana Shaykh Nazim describe them: "The people with jewel hearts". We managed to Ziyarah the maqam of Habib Ahmad al Haddad, Kuchong together after the khatm khawajagan. We had mawlid and tahlil in the late night, nevertheless, still feel the amazing spiritual vibes. SubahanAllah. I would like to thanks Abdul Rauf, Rizal (chairman), Hidayat, Pak Toni, Pak Aweng, Bro Bahaudin, Verdino and those who keep me company while i was there, I am sorry if I forgot your name. I wont be able to travel smoothly if not for you guys. may Allah bless you and forgive me.

pic: Abdul Rauf at the office of YaYasan Haqqani Indonesia
by Khalid Ajmain

No comments: