Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tahajud: The moment of Self Realization

Alhamdulilah, we had tahajud this morning. There are few of us but you can feel the presence of tranquility, its nikmah . Its been a very long time since we had tahajud together. The last was with Shaykh Hisham last year. We used to have it few years back once in a few months. This tahajud came at the right time when most of us need to rejuvenate our souls. It reminds me the ramadhan days where I spend the night with few friends, visiting Maqam of Awliyah and then performing the Sunnah Prayers. Its simply amazing for most of us who need such activities and we agreed to have this occasion once a month. It should be great as we inject our spiritual strength to our hearts and souls, Insha'Allah. One of the moment that triggered my heart during the tahajud was the time we did the istigfar together. Astagfirullah Azeem Wa tu bu illay (hope correct transliteration spelling). Somehow, my heart feel the pain of the sins I committed lately and the feeling of regret filled my heart.

After Subuh prayer and the Wirid, Bro Razib gave us few counsel of advice which I was thinking about it. Perhaps its the work of our beloved Murshid, spiritual guide Mawlana Shaykh Nazim. Bro Razib told us the secrets and important of tahajud. Another important note he mentioned was the test given to us by Mawlana. At that point, my heart was in the state of realization to understand the problems and difficulties I am facing lately. It should be the vital sins and mistakes I committed lately. I found the solution today through the congregration of those who wants to attain closeness with Allah swt, Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and Mawlana. I was finding it difficult to explain to someone what i was going through and today every enquiries found it crucial solution. And Bro Razib continue, mentioning by today, we should write down in a book about our bad characteristic and sinful acts. This is to make us know what are our weaknesses and the Awliyah will support us knowing we are trying our best to eliminate our weaknesses. There are 17 bad characteristic traits, perhaps more for me.

If the Shaykh wrote more than what we can imagine on their bad Characteristic and our Beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w always said to Allah, don't leave me in a blink of an eye. How about us who are so weak and arrogance? We always claimed to be perfect, alim and better than everyone. The most dangerous is the bad characteristic hidden within ourselves. I have learn this through Shaykh Zakaria during his tassawuf class based on the kitab Tanwir ul Qulub. He mentioned each of the bad characters. There are so many hidden arrogance. This is what we are afraid of cause we don't realize about it. Even anger is part of it.

The act of anger make you Shirik because you are always saying you are right and the rest are wrong. If we are able to continue for 40 days writing, insha'Allah every bad characteristic in us will be eliminate through the spiritual support of our spiritual guide. It's not easy but this is the biggest jihad we should perform for ourselves as we try to benefit our family, children, friends, and enemy. I have to learn to be patience and endure the difficulties part of life. I know Allah is teaching us to be humble and to discover we are nothing without him. To love someone who is your staunch enemy and those who giving you hard time is not easy but if you can do it then it shows you are following the footstep of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. The Beloved Prophet s.a.w showed us many example of his humanity towards everyone including those who always hurt him. He forgave them.

I remembered one of the Mawlana Shaykh Nazim lectures, he said during the time of Prophet s.a.w, there is this man who our Beloved Prophet s.a.w said he is a man of Paradise. So out of curiosity, the sahaba r.a went to check on this man. They want to know what is the secret he have been doing since the Prophet s.a.w said hes the man of paradize. So they went early morning hours to see what hes doing. The first day they found him not doing tahajud except for subuh. The same goes on 2nd day. By the 3rd day, the sahaba r.a became too anxious and they confronted him asking him why did the Beloved Prophet s.a.w said hes the man of paradise. He then asnwered, before I go to sleep, I will forgive all those people who have hurt me or causing trouble for me. May Allah bless you and forgive me.

(The Mawlana suhbah was summarized by me, forgive me if there are any mistakes)




No comments: