Saturday, June 14, 2008

Visiting my dad

Yesterday I ziyarah the grave of my late father. As usual with Firdaus Jr. Our routine would be visiting Mami Ruqiyah first followed by his bro then to my dad and last is the Maqam Of Shaykh Umar al Khatib on friday morning. However yesterday was special, we managed to visit the maqam of Shaykh Umar bin Abdullah Bagharib, the father of our beloved Shaykh Zakaria Bagharib. It was like 3 months ago I visited the grave of my dad. I was feeling very down when i visited him. Memories of being with him is still in my mind even though he had left us for nearly 7 years. Somehow, whenever I visited him, I always going through the difficult period. It was the same yesterday, my heart was heavy with many anxiety and sadness. I felt relief after reading fateha and few more surahs for him. Perhaps it was the baraqah of the Quranic verses.

When we arrived, we really thought it was raining because of the few drops of water from the sky. We continue our routine despite worrying about the downfall. Alhamdulilah its stop. When we are on the way to my father's grave, the sun begin to rise and shine. I quickly remembered it was the same condition on weather when the last time I visited the grave with Firdaus jr. And I remembered after our last Maqam which is Shaykh Umar al Khatib, the downfall began, it was the same yesterday. While walking to Shaykh Umar maqam, it began to drizzling. But we said to each other no matter what happened, we will still go to the Maqam of Shaykh Umar. And Alhamdulilah, we did. After finished the routine, the rain started to pour. We walked to the shelter. After half an hour the rain stop, so we walked out of the cemetery area, along the way, someone driving a van picked up and send us to the boon lay mrt station. may Allah bless him. I have always wanting to visit my dad each week but due to transport and time, I wasnt able to do so. But thanks to firdaus jr for his companionship in accompany me to do this ziyarah routine. may Allah bless his kindness and effort.


No comments: