Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Friends

Friends are very important in our life. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w is our greatest example. He's always with his beloved Sahaba r.a. Usually they will gathered around him or to be with him by his side. He shared his love with them and treated them special in every ways. At times, he will also listen to their advices or views in many aspect to show not only his pure humbleness but to inform us the importance of having friends whose hearts are together binding for the sake of Allah. If we are unite, we will be stronger to progress in life. We are weak servant therefore Allah send friends to us each moment whenever we seek one. Every friends have its role in our life, somehow they make an impact in the development of our journey to Allah. There are many reason and wisdom why they came into our life, its a matter of time, if we contemplate on ourselves, we begin to find the answer.

They said if you have many friends then you would probably be getting many enemies. I dont know if it is so much true. I have many friends along the journey of my life which I appreciate them so much. From the school days to soccer, music, voluntarism and now embarking spiritual path also widen my network of friends. Of course there will be criticism being said but then again I often ignore it because I know whatever goes around comes around. I am fortunate to be with many friends who embrace Islam and deep inside me I said " Ya Allah I am thankful to you for opening the door of my heart to know you better through these people who outwardly we may think they are new to you but spiritually they are in your divine presence". Learning from the trade of being a new Muslim is something special to me. The challenges they face each day would probably lift up their spirit to love Allah and his beloved Messenger Muhammad s.a.w. I remembered once I met a young Chinese Muslim bro name Abdullah. He often confide with me whatever problems he is facing. He ever said to me " I dont know if there is any God but if i found sincerity, I would probably met God". I remain silence for that moment.

When we were at Maqam Habib Noh, there was a mawlid. When the door of the Maqam was open. He was so happy and excited. He said to me" Bro is this heaven"? pointing to the direction of the Maqam. I was dumb and speechless not too sure what to say but i felt the experience of having the enlightenment with him by my side. During the reading of Mawlid, he cried and I still holding on to myself. He shed tears so much that, one habib came and hugged me and him. It was amazing, he didn't understand the arabic words and yet he was in tears meaning he would probably understood what was read in the mawlid. Then I realized, its about love and sincerity. When you obtain that such noble feelings within yourself, definitely, you will understand everything. A moment of divine reality grasp you, in a way you begin to overcome your imagination and seeks the ocean of reality.

I also learnt another vital lesson from a Chinese Muslim bro name Firdaus Poon. His generosity in always treating me and others on lunch and dinners always amaze me. It makes me wonder how noble he is in treating others in a way hes not culculative and stingy. I should be like him, insha'Allah. Shaykh Zakaria said The reward of treating others for meals after friday prayer is abundance in nobility. He also said if you are generous, Allah will reward you and also ensure your rezeki will be more. As a born Muslims, I discover how arrogance and ignorance I am all this while. We as born Muslims often took things for granted, thinking we know everything and look down on others who we think no nothing about our religion. If not for my friendship with these people, I would probably trapped in the arrogance for very long time. Praise Be To Allah for his mercy and guidance.

Our friends are unique in their own ways. However, we've to realize, we are not the people of coincidence. Allah has written who we meet in our daily life's. Perhaps the wisdom of being a friend, we would comprehend one day along our journey in this world. may Allah bless all our friends and families.

No comments: